We offer top notch anesthesia with the most up to date protocols and medications available.
- Pre-Operative blood work to ensure live/ kidneys and major organs are working well prior to anesthesia.
- Pre-Operative doctors’ exam to listen to the heart and lungs and look the patient over prior to anesthesia.
- Monitoring throughout the procedure provided by a board certified Registered Veterinary Technician is the first and foremost important part of our anesthetic program. No monitor in the world can replace our experienced and dedicated technical staff who are familiar with pet anesthesia and monitoring and have trained for years to be able to properly care for and monitor your pet.
- Use of the highest quality and best anesthetic drugs available.
- IV catheter placement and IV fluid therapy are standard with all anesthesia unless the patient is too small for an IV catheter (IE hedgehog/ leopard gecko etc).
- Pulse Oximetry Monitoring to monitor blood oxygen levels.
- Capnographs to Monitor carbon dioxide output levels and breathing rate.
- Blood pressure monitoring every 5 minutes throughout the procedure.
- Core body temperature to monitoring to avoid hypothermia.
- Bear Hugger Warm air blanket or recirculating warm water blanket to maintain body temperature throughout anesthesia is especially important for small patients to avoid hypothermia and extended recovery times.
- Constant ECG monitoring throughout the procedure.
- Warming Unit and Incubator for recovery if needed.